We wanted to create a decadent dessert that incorporates late summer's bounty so we turned to Mindi, our Office & Logistics Manager, who makes a delicious cheesecake (a favorite treat at our company lunches!).
Make it ahead of time and wow your guests or treat your family to their new favorite dessert.
For the crust:
- 1 1/4 C Oats
- ½ C unsalted Sunflower Seeds
- 5 TBSP of vegan buttery sticks
- 1/4 C Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
For the filling:
- 5 - 8 oz. containers (40 oz total) of Treeline Cream Cheese
- 15 oz of coconut cream
- 5 TBSP Arrowroot powder, plus 3 tsp for Hibiscus Syrup
- 2 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 3 TBSP of Lemon Juice
- 1 1/4 C of Sugar, plus 1/4 C for the Hibiscus Syrup
- 1/2 C Hibiscus Syrup (see recipe below)*
- 1 C dried Raspberries
Making the Hibiscus Syrup:
- Steep 4 Hibiscus tea bags in 1 C of hot water for 30 minutes.
- Pour the tea into a small saucepan and add 3 tsp Arrowroot and 1/4 C sugar.
- Heat over medium heat until it starts to boil, then drop to low heat and stir until it thickens. Let cool.
Making the crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Wrap a 9-inch springform pan with 1-2 layers of foil, covering the bottom and coming up the sides about halfway (this will ensure it stays dry while baking).
- Coat the inside of the pan lightly with oil.
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients and pulse until blended (not too much as you still want a crumb). Press evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth, then add the rest of the ingredients and again beat until smooth.
- Pour into the springform pan and spread evenly.
- Place the springform pan into a larger pan. Fill the larger pan about halfway up the springform pan with warm water (this helps prevent cracking while baking).
- Bake in oven for 55 minutes (do not open during baking). Once baking time is completed, let it sit in the oven for about five minutes with the heat turned off. The middle may look a little undone, but this is okay.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about one hour. Then cover and put in refrigerator for 12 hours+ to fully cool and set. *Note: The Cheesecake firms up with more refrigerator time and will keep for 4 days in the refrigerator (without decorations). Past this time, freeze until ready to eat again.
Garnish with fresh hibiscus blossoms, raspberries, and mint leaves.