Treat your sweetheart this Valentine's Day to this decadent and dairy-free Chocolate Layer Cake with Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting! Made with Treeline's Strawberry Cream Cheese, this beautiful and drool-worthy dessert will make your stay-at-home celebration all the sweeter.
This recipe was developed for Treeline by Julia Trigo of Delight Fuel. We hope you enjoy it!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30-90 minutes
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 cup arrowroot flour (or sub with tapioca flour)
- 1 ½ cup raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 flax eggs (mix 4 tbsp of flax meal with ¾ cup of plant-based milk or water)
- 2 cups plant-based milk
- ½ cup coconut cream
- ½ cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Strawberry Frosting Ingredients:
- 3x containers of Treeline Strawberry Cream Cheese (24 oz)
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- 3 tbsp of plant-based milk
Shop the Product
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease three 7.5 inch springform pans with coconut oil.*
- In a large mixing bowl add all of the dry ingredients and combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl add all wet ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until fully combined around 1-2 minutes.
- Evenly divide batter between the three springform baking pans and bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the frosting. Add 24oz of strawberry cream cheese into a mixing bowl. Add plant-based milk and mix with a hand mixer for 10 seconds.
- Once all three cakes have completely cooled, assemble the cake by adding around ⅓ cup of cream cheese between each layer, using an offset spatula to spread the frosting evenly as well as the outside of the cake.