Burger season is upon us. And fear not, my plant-based friends, you still get to join in on the fun! Dani of Danilicious Dishes has crafted a delicious plant-based cheeseburger for Treeline topped with avocado, pickled red onions, arugula, and a chipotle aioli. This burger is bursting with big flavor and is a healthy, plant-based option perfect for summertime grilling.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this plant-based Chipotle Cheddar burgers:
- a plant-based burger; there are so many good options on the market now. Typically, you can find a plant-based section in the meat section of your grocery store. I season mine with garlic salt and pepper and grill it (either outside or on a grill pan inside) for maximum flavor and to really mimic a grilled, juicy burger.
- Treeline Plant-based Cheddar Cheese slices; The rich and balanced flavor of this dairy-free sliced cheddar is a perfect addition to these burgers.
- Treeline Chipotle Serrano plant-based French style cheese; helps create a delicious plant-based aioli that takes these burgers to the next level.
- lime juice; to help balance the spice and create a creamy, flavorful aioli.
- Whole Wheat buns; smear on some plant-based butter and add a sprinkle of garlic salt and toast until golden brown. Helps amplify the flavor of these buns and make the burger even tastier!
- pickled red onions; for a some needed crunch and little sweet and tangy flavor to balance the spice.
- avocado; for a creamy, earthy element. It also plays well with flavors like Chipotle and lime.
- arugula; for some green goodness to these burgers.
- Make the aioli; combine the Treeline’s Chipotle Serrano plant-based French style cheese, fresh lime juice, and a touch of water to create a creamy, slightly spicy, and smokey sauce to top these burgers.
- Toast your buns; I think toasting and seasoning your buns makes all the difference. It adds another layer of flavor to the burger. Smear on some plant-based butter and add a sprinkle of garlic salt and toast until golden brown.
- Grill the burgers; season mine with salt and pepper and grill it (either outside or on a grill pan inside) to achieve grill marks and until it’s cooked through.
- Top with cheese; add a slice of Treeline’s plant-based cheddar cheese and cover until melted.
- Build your Burger; Add the aioli to inside of both buns. Starting with the bottom half of the bun, add the arugula, grilled plant-based burger, pickled red onions, avocado slices and finish with top half of the bun.
- Enjoy! I like to serve mine with chips or baked fries. So good!