- 1/4 cup non-hydrogenated margarine
- 10 ounces mushrooms (cremini and shitake) sliced, large slices halved
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped broccoli florets
- 3/4 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups chickpea (garbanzo bean) flour
- 1/2 cup grated Treeline hard cheese with cracked pepper
In a sauté pan, heat margarine until bubbling. Add shallots, mushrooms and thyme. Cook 5 minutes on medium heat. Add broccoli and cook 7 minutes on low until the mushrooms are browned and broccoli is tender. Season with salt and pepper.
In a deep pot, bring water and salt to a gentle boil. Whisk in chickpea flour and Treeline grated cheese until smooth. Cook for 20 minutes on low heat, stirring constantly. Combine the flour mixture and the mushroom broccoli mixture in a large bowl. Pour into a 10 pie or tart pan, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Preheat the oven to 350 and bake uncovered for 22 minutes. Broil on low for 5 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
-With thanks to Lori Marrie